On Tuesday, the Bears traded for protective end Montez Sweat without authorizing him to a brand-new bargain en route in the door. Intelligently for them, they really did not wait long to obtain it done.
Information arised earlier today of the expansion in between Sweat and the Bears. Right here are the complete information of the agreement, per a resource with expertise of the terms:
1. Authorizing perk: $20.426 million.
2. 2023 base pay: $1.15 million, completely assured.
3. 2024 base pay: $20.9 million, completely assured.
4. 2024 exercise perk: $100,000.
5. 2025 base pay, $20.9 million, assured for injury at finalizing, completely assured on the 3rd day of the 2024 organization year.
6. 2025 exercise perk: $100,000.
7. 2026 base pay: $20.9 million, $10 countless which is assured for injury at finalizing and ends up being completely assured on the 3rd day of the 2026 organization year.
8. 2026 exercise perk: $100,000.
9. 2027 base pay: $18.9 million.
10. 2027 offseason 90-man lineup perk: $2 million overall.
11. 2027 exercise perk: $100,000.
Within thirty day of finalizing, $9.875 countless the finalizing perk will certainly be paid. One more $9.875 million will certainly be paid on or regarding March 31, 2024. The quantity mirroring his 17th video game check ($ 676,471) additionally will certainly be paid on or regarding March 31, 2024.
The agreement has $41.965 million completely assured at finalizing, with a functional warranty of $62.865 million. The trick is that the 2025 injury warranty ends up being completely assured in very early 2024; to prevent it, the Bears would certainly need to reduce Sweat– which implies they would certainly have paid him $41.965 million for one year.
The bargain has an overall worth at finalizing of $105 million, with a new-money overall of $98 million. That relates to a new-money standard of $24.5 million.